Overall Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars
Design: 5 out of 5
Features: 4 out of 5
Performance: 4 out of 5
Value for Money: 3 out of 5
This is the VicTsing Rippl-TV Smart Box, which provides you with an easier way to stream movies, TV shows, music, games and more to your TV.
The VicTsing Rippl-TV Smart Box has a very stylish and unique design. As it has a water drop effect on the top of the box, and a small droplet shaped power light on the front. So the manufacturers have kept the design in line with the name. This smart box defiantly stands out compared to the usual boxy designed that many other competitors use. The VicTsing Rippl-TV Box is a little bulkier compared to other smart TV boxes. However it should be small enough to sit nicely next to your TV. The VicTsing Rippl-TV is made from a lightweight, glossy plastic, and the plastic feels strong enough to withstand rigorous daily use. Unfortunately the glossy finish is a fingerprint and dust magnet, so it will need cleaning quite often. The small droplet shaped light on the front illuminates when it’s operating, so you will always know when its on. On the right hand side of the device, there is a full sized SD card slot, so you can up the memory. Which is unusual, as most other smart boxes tend to use micro-SD cards. On the back of the VicTsing Rippl-TV Box, there are two USB 2.0 Ports, a HDMI, Ethernet, Composite Video out, optical audio and DC power. You also get a remote control included with your purchase. The remote control is fairly small, and all the buttons are very easy to read and understand.
The VicTsing Rippl-TV is an Android TV Smart Box, which has a range of useful features built inside. Firstly the VicTsing Rippl-TV gives you access to some of the biggest online services, such as Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube, Facebook and hundreds more apps and games. All these apps, streaming services and games can be downloaded from either the Google Play or Aptoid Store. However to access these services, you will need to be connected to the Internet. You can connect to the Internet by either Wi-Fi or wired connectivity. Then you will have access to hundreds of apps and on-demand services at the touch of a button. You can also link to multiple Google accounts, share content, and access your media server by DLNA or AirPlay. You can also surf the Internet via the web browser to view your favourite sites or buy online. The VicTsing Rippl-TV also supports Miracast, so you can stream videos, photos, and music to your big screen from your tablet or smartphone. Also included with this Smart Box is a 12-month warranty, which should give you more confidence in the product and company you have purchased this device from.
The VicTsing Rippl-TV Smart Box came very well packaged, and everything included within the box seems very well made. Included with your purchase is the Rippl-TV Box, a HDMI cable, 1 power supply, a remote control (2 AAA batteries are not included), and an instruction manual. Setting up the VicTsing Rippl-TV Box is incredibly easy to do. Simply position the Rippl-TV Box next to your TV, connect it to the mains power lead and HDMI cable, and then turn on the box. When you turn the VicTsing Rippl-TV Smart box on, you are presented with 2 options; Mediabox Launcher or Rippl-TV:
1) Mediabox Launcher: This is the Android Home Screen Interface (large, bright icons), where you can see pre-installed apps, download new apps, update your settings, and much more.
2) Rippl-TV: This is Rippl-TV own interface; again you can access the same apps and features as the Mediabox Launcher, its just laid out slightly different.
We personally found the Mediabox Launcher the easier option to navigate around. However we recommend playing with them both to find out which works best for you. The VicTsing Rippl-TV has a quad-core processor built inside, which is very responsive and quick at loading videos and apps. We tested a range of different on-demand services like Netflix and YouTube, and this device performed brilliantly with them all. The VicTsing Rippl-TV works incredibly well. Streaming movies from Netflix and other services is exceptionally smooth and most programs start playing almost immediately. The VicTsing Rippl-TV is also compatible with 1080HP, HD, 4K and 3D television, so the picture quality will be brilliant on any of these devices. The remote control is a good size, and all the buttons are easy to understand. However the remote does require line of site to the box, so you hide the box behind a TV. The remote control is a little frustrating when using the keyboard to search for content. However you can plug in a keyboard into the USB port if you like.
Overall we were very impressed with the VicTsing Rippl-TV, and would highly recommend it to anyone. Its an excellent streaming box, with a unique design, a user-friendly interface and performs very well. Click here to buy from Amazon
- Stylish and sleek design
- Fairly small and compact
- Well made
- Can extended the memory if needed
- Very easy to use and set up
- User-friendly interface
- Incredibly fast
- Comfortable remote
- HDMI cable included
- Quite pricey
- Fingerprint and dust magnet
- Typing using the remote can be frustrating
- Easy and simple Over-The-Air updates means that you will never have to worry about the box going
- Perfect 1080p Quad Core Gotham 13.2 XBMC! The Rippl-TV has ARM Cortex A9 Quad Core 2.0 Processor and Mali-450 Octo-Core GPU, it has double power than the other Android TV Boxes, which provide you best Android experience with the smooth playback & shortest loading time
- It has 2GB DDR3 Ram and 8GB of internal storage, which offer you enough space and freedom to install programs on App.
- Rippl-TV Special Edition Gotham 13.2 XBMC loaded, which allowing the cross for android and XBMC simultaneously. The gaming section is upgraded to cross throughout the emulator forms, hundreds of free streaming add-ons are available for XBMC.
- Rippl-TV can run multiple programs at the same time and multiple programs can be freely converted. For sample, it can pause a movie, play a game, go back to movie, then back to game or differnt app etc, that is seamless multitasking experience.
OS: Android Android 4.4 KitKat
CPU: Amlogic S802 Quad Core Cortex A9r4 2GHz
RAM: 2GB DDR3
ROM: 8GB Flash
HDMI Max Resolution: 1080p, 4K2K
SD/MMC: Up to 32G
External HDD: Up to 2TB
USB interface: 2X USB2.0
Power output: DC 5V/2A adapter (included)
Appstores: PlayStore, Aptoide, (1,000,000+ apps)
Games: 100,000+ (all games in the app store is compatible)
Video Sharing: DLNA, Airplay,Miracast, WiDi,DMR, DMS
Upgrade: OTA online update
Audio Formats: MP3,WMA,APE,FLAC,OGG,etc.
Video Formats: RM,PMP,AVC,FLV,VOB,MPG,DAT,MPEG,H.264,MPEG1,MPEG2 ,RMVB ,MPEG4 ,WMV , TP, AVI,DIVX,etc.
Package weight: 24.2 oz/686g
The HDMI cable length: 100CM